Age: Turned 24 on January 11th.
Location: Kajaani, Finland... from which you may conclude that English isn't my native language and thus I'm prone to making mistakes.
How do you identify?: I'm... queer? Can I just say queer? 'Cause I don't like to further categorize myself because everything is fluid. A year ago I thought I was going to transition but now I'm not so sure. Assigned female at birth, lived as a girl most of my life, but have always felt uncomfortable in that role. When it comes to sexuality, well, I'm married to a man but I tend to think of myself as panromantic and kinda sorta asexual. Not 100 % asexual but somewhat.w
Interests/hobbies A myriad of things!
- Gardening! I started a gardening school last autumn, but due to my mental health issues (clinical depression, borderline personality disorder, anxiety disorder) I had to give it up.
- Interior decorating! Once upon a time I wanted to turn it into a career, but really, I'm not good enough at it to even consider it.
- Professional organizing! I'm just getting started on that career. I blog about it, and I'm currently overjoyed that my website is the fourth in Google when you Google my name!
- Cats. I and my husband have one. A black boy called Hiili ("coal" in English).
- Dogs. We have one, too. A Siberian husky girl called Voltti ("volt" or "somersault" in English).
- The Internet. Obviously. I have blogs (yes, plural; I have an interior decorating blog, a plant blog, a Tumblr blog, a professional organizing blog...
- Astrophysics and astrobiology. I'm terribly at physics and biology, especially physics, but I find it interesting.
- Playing Skyrim and The Sims 4 (on Xbox 360 and PC, respectively). That's our hobby, really: we sit on the sofa, I spend time online and my husband plays Skyrim, and then we switch. (My husband plays a lot more games but I haven't gotten interested in, say, Lara Croft games.)
- Reading. I'm currently reading about Feng Shui to incorporate that into my professional organizing business. Because the more I learn, the better I can serve my clients.
Favourite books: I've read a huge amount of books (learned to read at the age of four, so that's twenty years of reading for me) and it's always super difficult for me to choose a favorite. But The Lord of the Rings has stuck with me the longest, plus the Potter series, and everything by Jodi Picoult. I'm a writer myself, and I try my best to read as many different kinds of books as possible.
Favourite films: I'm not too into movies. But I've loved The Lord of the Rings, American History X, Fight Club, Klass, Zero Day, and a bunch of documentaries. What's that one in which ducklings jump from the tree? That scene is ADORABLE. I want to rewatch it.
Favourite music: My Last.fm will tell you more.
What would you like to send/receive?: Letters, mostly, since I'm kinda poor and can't afford to send packages overseas. At least not too often.
Who would you like to send and receive mail from?: Anyone who thinks we might have something in common. I'm not too into the whole "you must be between x and y years old" thing because I don't think age is all that matters in a friendship.
What countries would you like to receive mail from and send to?: No preference. As long as your English is understandable, I think we're good to go.
Anything that you would particularly NOT like to receive?: Anything's cool. Except liquorice.
What would be in your dream letter or package?: Umm. I would like a letter talking about what's up in your life, with a bunch of random observations of the world and yourself, plus something that would be easy for me to reply to. Like direct questions.
Anything else you'd like to add?: I tend to be SUPER awkward at first, so... I'm sorry if I end up scaring you. XD Also, this Journal is only in Finnish so if you're looking to friend me, you'd better learn Finnish. ;)
( Read more... )